After becoming a mom, I saw my closet slowly stay the same while my girls’ closets were filled with all of the latest and greatest. They were dressed way better than I was, always! Once I started taking a little time for myself, I really noticed a change in my attitude and started feeling more like myself. Since then, I have tried to find the trendiest styles that are nursing and mom-friendly! I love saving money on trendy and splurging on designer when it comes to jeans, some shoes and sunglasses, so most of my items are less than $50! SCORE!!
When I reach for something in my closet, I have to double check if I can nurse in it. That’s a challenge in itself, but I’ve actually been able to find quite a few cute outfits…some that are even super trendy!
When you know you’re going to be nursing while going somewhere it’s super important to choose the right outfit. Nursing covers are great, but you know if you have to pull your dress up over your head to nurse it’s probably not going to work. Off the shoulder tops, wrap dresses, v-neck shirts and button down blouses are the best things I’ve found to nurse in. They make life easier!
This dress is from SheIn which has totally surprised me with their quality for the price point. I got a few things in this past week and I was shocked at how quickly they came as well as the quality. I was not expecting great quality since this dress is on sale for $21.99!
Here are some tips when trying to find a trendy nursing-friendly outfit:
- Stay True to Your Style – It’s okay to go out of your comfort zone sometimes, but try to pick just ONE thing from your entire outfit that you are going out of your comfort zone on. It will help you stay you but add a little flare. I chose these sunglasses for my trendy try. I usually reach for a more traditional type of sunnies. The dress is fairly traditional, but is still nursing-friendly as a wrap dress that buttons in the front.
- Save Money – Don’t try to buy something trendy that is over $100. First of all, you may not like it and then you’ll be out the money and wear it once or not at all. Secondly, there will be a time when you’re not a nursing mama and it may not be something you grab when getting dressed. Try boutiques like SheIn, Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe when you’re looking for trendy. They usually stay in style for the season and you can get at least a few wears out of the clothes at these places!
- Try it On – If you live near a store, try it on! Try it out and see how easy it is to feed your baby! Take your baby into the dressing room with you and try it out. This is the best and easiest way to know if it’s going to work for you. If this isn’t an option and you have to shop online (because, let’s face it..who has time to go shopping with kids?) then just read the reviews and use your best judgement! I always look to see where the buttons are, the fit and type of fabric (if there is stretch in the fabric) and how quickly I am going to be able to get it off or open to nurse.
- Ask a Friend – Call in the troops! Get a friend to help you decide if you will wear it and if it’s going to be worth buying. My mom is always my go-to, and moms are always brutally honest. Find that person in your life to ask advice on outfits, trendy or not! It’s always good to have a second opinion!
- Invest in Dry Cleaning/Stain Treatment – When nursing/feeding a baby, you are likely to get milk on you. Or poop. Or both or something unknown. It’s one of the joys of motherhood so definitely invest in dry cleaning your clothes to keep them quality. I do this for some pieces while using stain treatment and oxyclean when I cant get to the cleaners!
Here are some other nursing-friendly finds that are trendy and affordable!
What are some tips you have for staying trendy while being a mom? I’d love for you to leave some below and head over to Little Lovelies to leave me some too! You can also follow me on Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook. Say hiiiiiiii if you head over and tell me Kerry sent ya! 🙂
I’m so excited to be a guest in Kerry’s Stylish Mama series today. Head over to her blog and check it out, say hey and that I sent ya!
Thank you to SheIn for sending this dress to style. This post contains affiliate links.