Spring is finally here in West Texas and we are loving this weather! How is the weather where you are? Hopefully you are enjoying some sunny days. Even though we are staying home for the foreseeable future, we are still trying to enjoy as much time outdoors from the safety of our backyard. When the sun is out and the weather is beautiful you better believe that we are outside playing, lounging, and swimming. It gives us that relief that we all need after being cooped up indoors. A dose of vitamin D sure does the body good!
Sun safety is huge for our family. At the age of 21, I had 2 spots removed and tested positive for Melanoma In-Situ. Thankfully, I caught it quickly and it was just on the surface. From that point on, sunscreen application has been a daily part of our outdoor routine. I am also very picky about the types of sunscreen I apply on my skin. Recently, I started using the Australian Gold Botanicals Sunscreen. It is a mineral sunscreen line that is non greasy and non sticky. If you are not familiar with mineral sunscreen, it is different from “chemical sunscreen” lines in that its ingredients sit on top of the skin to deflect and scatter UVA and UVB rays.
I love the scent of them all and really love the facial sunscreen! It’s THE BEST one I’ve found that doesn’t leave my face oily! The girls love the way this rubs into their skin, so it hasn’t been a fight to put it on! I am so thankful for the protection it’s given us from the harmful UV and UVB rays!
While we are all being safe and staying home, I hope you can get outdoors and enjoy some beautiful weather! And I also want to remind yall to be safe in the sun too! I listed 10 fun backyard activities that you can do with your kids. Stay safe and have fun!
- Sidewalk chalk- Some good old fashion sidewalk chalk is so fun for kids!
- My paint brush and water sidewalk painting- I shared this on stories recently and yall loved it. It’s so simple yet kids love it! Just get a cup of water and a paintbrush and have them draw or write letters on concrete.
- Backyard Nature Walk- Take a walk around your backyard and see what you can discover.
- Backyard Scavenger Hunt- Make up a scavenger hunt complete with prizes for the winners!
- Outdoor Movie Night- Project your favorite movies outdoors and don’t forget the popcorn and candy!
- Obstacle Course- Create a fun and challenging course! You can easily make one with patio furniture and toys.
- Picnic- When the weather is nice, bring lunch or dinner outdoors!
- Pretend Camping with smores- Build a tent and set up a fire pit for smores!
- Plant a garden- Plant your favorite fruits, veggies, and herbs and see what grows!
- Outdoor forts- Get creative and have the kids build their own outdoor forts!
Thank you to Australian Gold for sponsoring today’s post! All content and opinions are that of my own!