Grab your girlfriends, pack a swimsuit and hit the pool! You don’t need much for a staycation, and that’s the glory of it. You get the feel of a trip without having the hassle and fatigue from traveling! Win-Win! Why are staycations so great and where should you stay this summer?
Photos by Sweet Memory Photography
These girls and I recently connected through blogging (well, Bailey and I have been friends for several years and connected through our husbands and small town) but we met up in Dallas for a blog event and had the best time at Hilton Dallas Park Cities. Not only were we treated like royalty, staying in the same Presidential Suite that President Trump stays in when in Dallas, but we just enjoyed the whole stay. It’s always nice to be around like-minded women when you’re doing something a little unconventional (as I talked about in this post)…just being able to bounce ideas around and talk about things that no one else really “gets” is refreshing.
Hilton Dallas Park Cities is one of my very favorite hotels, and is the perfect place for a Dallas staycation this summer. It’s in the best location and has everything you need from the pool, full service bar, restaurant/patio and room service. I think we experienced just about the best hospitality that we ever have while staying in a hotel. They were more than accommodating and definitely made sure that we enjoyed our stay.
So now that I have you ready to grab those cute cups, swimsuits, magazines and pajamas for a slumber party, I’m going to share 5 reasons why you need a staycation this summer. I’m convinced that vacations aren’t always the best route, and staycations are a bit overlooked!
5 Reasons to Staycation This Summer
- No Travel – Need I say more? Less luggage. Less stress. Just stay and relax!
- Familiar Surroundings – You won’t have to ask around to get to your favorite hotspots! Just hop in the car or Uber and you’ll be having a Mambo Taxi in no time (disclaimer: don’t have more than 2 Mambo Taxis at a time. You might cha cha cha all night long. Find said Mambo Taxi at Mi Cocina.)
- Keep it Local – I love trying out new local spots, hotels being one of them. Your city may have more to offer than you think, so give it a try!
- No Responsibility – You don’t have as much responsibility trying to travel and get to your location. Just show up, relax and have fun!
- Recommendations for Travelers – I know several friends in Dallas, and not many of them can recommend a favorite hotel because they haven’t stayed at them! If you start staycation-ing in your area, you will have all of the best hotels to recommend for out-of-towners.
We had the best time at Hilton Dallas Park Cities! It is definitely one to check out if you’re heading to the Dallas area as well as a great one for a staycation! Hopefully I’ve convinced you to take a little time to relax and pushed you to book that staycation for your girlfriends, family or just by yourself (doesn’t that sound heavenly…)?
Huge THANK YOU to Hilton Dallas Park Cities for hosting us and for treating your guests like they are the best thing since sliced bread.