So are you ready for me to spill all of my shopping secrets?
5 Hidden Secrets to Styling on a Budget
- Always Shop the Sales – I know this is probably a given, but almost always you can find something on sale (I update my SALE tab daily). I usually add things to my online cart and then wait for it to go on sale before purchasing. I wrote a post about how to shop at some discounted websites as well as tips on saving HERE. Also, don’t forget to check for discount codes or wait for discounts to come to your email after adding to your cart.
- Mix High and Low Price Points – My mom taught me this one in jr. high. Splurge on staple items like designer jeans (because you know you will get your wear out of them), bags, shoes and things you can’t live without. Shop trendy items at discount places like Target, Walmart, TJ Maxx and Forever 21. It’s easy to recreate outfits if you take a screenshot and look for similar items at your price point for spending. I always try to link items in every price range for all of my readers. No one will ever notice that you’re mixing items of high and low price points, and if they do they will probably give you a high five for wearing a $10 shirt with a designer look!
- Try-Before-You Buy Services – Subscribing online to a service like Rocksbox is one of my favorite hidden gems for styling. If you know you want a few pieces but don’t want to spend the dough, just subscribe to these online services and you can either purchase at a discount or return within the month. Bag, Borrow or Steal is my favorite for bags and Rent the Runway is my favorite for clothing. Ditto was my favorite for sunglasses but it since closed – let me know if you come across one line it!
For Rocksbox, you will automatically be sent your first set of jewelry which will contain three pieces that have been selected for you by your stylist which will be on loan. Enjoy your pieces for as long as you’d like, but all you will need to do is return any pieces you do not wish to purchase.
You can get your first month of Rocksbox free with the code TRYRBXOXO!
- Shop Secondhand – I love websites that allow you to buy something you want that are gently used or in excellent condition. Poshmark, Facebook Garage Sale Groups and Instagram Closet Sales for your favorite bloggers is definitely a way to wear something we own at a discounted price! Most everyone that takes the time to upload the photos of the items will usually take great care of their clothing and accessories!
- Buy Dupes – I love a good look-alike, and there are so many out there these days! Sometimes it is actually worth it to buy the real deal, but in other instances it’s just as easy (and less expensive) to buy the dupe version. I especially love buying dupe sunglasses, some shoes and trendy items like swimwear, hats, and tops. I usually always buy the designer bag (but sometimes even secondhand) because that’s one of the items that I feel like is worth splurging. Plus, if you know you’re not going to wear the item long, don’t shell out the money. Save by buying the dupe! I also try to share when I find a good dupe as well as link them in my posts!
Do you have any tips for styling on a budget? Where are your favorite places to shop when trying to stick with a budget?? I want to try to do more posts like these sharing trendy items for less, so let me know if you like it and if you want more of it! I am actually a pretty frugal shopper, so these tips are something I swear by and use every time I’m shopping! My mom taught most all of them to me, so the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree! 😉
Hope you all are having the BEST weekend, lovelies!